- small print
- noun1. the part of a contract that contains reservations and qualifications that are often printed in small type-
don't sign a contract without reading the fine print• Syn: ↑fine print• Part Holonyms: ↑contract2. material printed in small type-
he needed his glasses in order to read the fine print• Syn: ↑fine print• Hypernyms: ↑print
* * *noun
always read the small print — D.G.Gerahty
* * *small print nounDetails of a contract, insurance policy, etc, the small type having a tendency to obscure limitations or legal rights• • •Main Entry: ↑small
* * *small print UK US noun [uncountable]the details of something such as a contract that are printed in very small letters and often contain conditions that limit your rights. The usual American word is fine print .
* * *n. another term for fine print
* * *noun [noncount]chiefly Brit : ↑fine print
* * *the important details of an agreement or a legal document that are usually printed in small type and are therefore easy to miss
Read all the small print before signing.See also: ↑fine printExample Bank:
The exclusion clause is contained in the small print of the guarantee.
The terms of delivery appear at the bottom of the invoice in small print.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Small print — (also known as fine print in the United States) refers to the practice of including necessary legal terms, warnings, disclaimers or other phrases in small writing on commercial or contractual documents. Small print is usually included at the end… … Wikipedia
small print — small .print n [U] especially BrE all the rules and details relating to a contract or agreement American Equivalent: fine printread/check the small print ▪ Always read the small print before you sign anything … Dictionary of contemporary English
small print — ➔ print2 … Financial and business terms
small print — small ,print noun uncount MAINLY BRITISH the details of something such as a contract that are printed in very small letters and often contain conditions that limit your rights. American usually fine print … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
small print — small′ print′ n. pri fine print • Etymology: 1955–60 … From formal English to slang
small print — ► NOUN 1) printed matter in small type. 2) inconspicuous but binding details or conditions printed in an agreement or contract … English terms dictionary
small print — N UNCOUNT: usu the N The small print of a contract or agreement is the part of it that is written in very small print. You refer to it as the small print especially when you think that it might include unfavourable conditions which someone might… … English dictionary
Small Print — Infobox Album Name = Small Print Type = studio Longtype = Artist = Sam Wedgwood Released = 2006 Recorded = Genre = Pop Length = 53:00 Label = Producer = Reviews = Last album = This album = Next album = Small Print is the debut album by English… … Wikipedia
small print — noun (U) all the details in a contract or agreement which contain many rules and restrictions: Always read the small print before you sign anything … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
small print — small writing in a contract or official document … English contemporary dictionary